Learn How to Play the Ring of Fire Drinking Game
Below you’ll find the official Ring of Fire rules, or as it is also known, King’s Cup and Circle of Death.
Ring of Fire Official Rules:
1. To set up the game, first clear off your table and set a cup in the center with the deck of cards placed around the cup in a circle (see image below).
2. Now get a group of friends to gather around the table, each person having a cup/bottle of their preferred booze to themselves.
3. Before you can start with the game you should know what each card stands for:
- Ace– is Waterfall – Everyone should keep drinking until the person who picked the card stops. So who knows how long you will be going for!
- 2– is Choose – You can choose someone to drink
- 3– is Me – You must drink
- 4– is Wh0re – All girls must drink
- 5– Thumb Master- When you put your thumb on the table everyone must follow and whomever is last must drink. You are the thumb master till someone else picks a five.
- 6– is Dicks – All guys drink
- 7– is Heaven – Point your finger in the sky, whoever is last must drink
- 8– is Mate – Choose someone to drink with you. He/she, your drinking buddy, should always drink with you.
- 9– Rhyme – Pick a word such as fog and the person next to you must rhyme with fog, like dog, and it goes to the next person and the next, in a circle, until someone messes up and he or she will have to drink
- 10– Categories- Pick a category such as football and you go in a circle and everyone has to say a word that fits with football such as: touchdown, field goal, USC. Whoever messes up, drinks.
- Jack– Make a Rule – You can make up any rule that everyone has to follow, such as you can only drink with your left hand. Everyone (including you) must follow this rule for the whole entire game and if you disobey you must drink.
- Queen– Questions – Go around in a circle and you have to keep asking questions to each other. Doesn’t matter what the question is, as long as its a question. Whoever messes up and does not say a question, drinks.
- King– Pour!- You must pour a little of your drink into the cup that is in the middle of the table. Whomever picks up the LAST king must drink the whole cup, which could be filled with different drinks, so who knows how bad it could taste!
4. Now that you know the rules. One person starts off by picking up a card, and whatever the card may be, follow the rule. Go in a circle and keep picking a card till the last King is picked!
More About the Ring of Fire Drinking Game
This is an exciting drinking game that is played using playing cards. The player must drink and pass round the drinks based on the card drawn. Each card has a rule that is established before the start of the game.
Ring of Fire drinking game is popular among students and those people who like partying in sleepovers. Having a variation of drinks makes this game fun and it is even more fun when the group is bigger.
Every player picks a card and does what the card represents, and it can be anything from choosing someone to take a drink to start a game of categories. When a player draws a king, he pours a quarter of what he is drinking into the middle cup.
The game comes to an end when the last king is drawn. The player who draws the last King has to drink the concoction in the King’s cup to the last drop.
This game has endless variations of the rules. There will be similar rules but any drinking group can omit some rules or add their own. These rules are normally assigned before the start of the game.
Depending on the group rules, the game can end when the last rule card has been drawn, or when the concoction in the King’s cup has been consumed, or when the cards fall off.
The person who knocks off the cards has to drink the concoction in the King’s cup.
Breaking the ring of fire
If someone breaks the ring of cards, he has to drink from the King’s cup. When this happens, the circle is broken and another cup of beer has to be placed at the center and you continue playing.
You need to keep on drinking and playing until the cards are over. Have fun!
With time you’ll might wanna change the game a bit and introduce a rule or two of your own. At this page you can find several common variations of Kings Cup aka Ring of fire.
- Print Ring of Fire Rules
- Ring of Fire Rules Video
- Kings Cup Rules Variations
- Fun Card Games for Adults
Other Drinking Games
We have plenty of other drinking games on the site.
For example – be sure to check out our page for drunk uno rules!
Maybe you’re looking for 2 person drinking games?
The Life Board Game Rules page has everything you need to know about our favourite board game.
And don’t forget to bookmark these cards against humanity instructions…
The flippy cup game is ever growing in popularity.
Or finally look no further if you’re trying to find ride the bus game rules…
Tags: how to play ring of fire, how to play ring of fire drinking game, official rules ring of fire, Ring of Fire Rules, ring of fire rules.